Data Works Summit: a conference about Ideas, Insights & Innovation in Berlin
Leading enterprises are using advanced analytics, data science, and artificial intelligence to transform the way they deliver customer and product experiences at scale. Discover how they’re doing it at the world’s premier big data community event for everything data—DataWorks Summit.
New to the Community Showcase: Silent conference presentations in the Expo Theater
Conference attendees had a new option in this year’s Community Showcase— the Expo Theatre, with silent presentations over headphones. Stopping by the DataWorks Expo Theatre during regular Community Showcase hours for a chance to be inspired by free 20-minute educational presentations from industry experts in advanced analytics, data science, and artificial intelligence.
The Expo Theater, located at the rear of the Expo hall, brings together thought-leaders and innovators for inspiring talks, demo sessions and hands-on networking opportunities. Also during lunch the presentations could just go on, because they were silent. We were asked to service the audio technics for this part of the convention with our headphones.
Using the headphone system allowed speakers and attendees to have full attention and concentration on the speaker’s subject. Meanwhile other activities and networking was happening at company stands where you could meet their top representatives.
Silent Conference … what are the benefits?
At a Silent Conference everyone has headphones, which gives a number of advantages:
• Ideal if you want to give multiple presentations in 1 room at the same time
• Very suitable for event locations with difficult acoustics (eg industrial) or other activities going on in the same room.
• More attention and focus on the presenter, so people record more and stay longer
• Save time and space, more possible in 1 space without a lot of walking
• Suitable for general lectures as well as breakout sessions
• Exhibitors at trade fair or conference can talk quietly with their customers and do business, no noise pollution
• Up to 14 channels at the same time and more than 2000 headphones we can also host large conferences throughout Europe
Positive experience: peace and concentration
We received only positive reactions, both from visitors (much more concentrated listening), speakers (the listener stays longer and picks up more without getting distracted) as the exhibitors, who were able to talk quietly and network with customers and colleagues from the data industry at their stand.
The peace during a whole silent event is experienced by almost everyone as positive, no background noises that distract you continuously
Silent Conference & congress possibilities: with our system you can achieve multiple benefits
- More more attention for your recital if everyone can listen concentrated without being bothered by ambient sounds (or if it is not appropriate to make noise at a location.
- Up to 14 presentations at the same time in the same room> you only have to change channel and dont have to leave the room. That means saving time and making more efficient use of space.
You can create 14 settings / stages in 1 room with your own screen and your own speakers with microphones and each session goes to 1 channel on the headphones, together with audio from laptop presentation.
- You can also use the channels for presentations in various languages, simply switch the channel on the headphones. Have your speaker simultaneously translated and broadcasted in for example 3 languages.
- Everyone can adjust their own volume on the headphones.
- For audience interaction you can use a walking mike or much more playful a Catchbox, a lightweight foam box containing a microphone that can be quickly thrown by the audience.
- Both suitable for indoor and outdoor locations /events.
- As an interaction or closing party you can create a Silent Disco moment or performance of a silent artist.